Paula & Ricardo ALC Dance
Paula & Ricardo dance together since the year of 2000.
In September 2005 they start together the project Afrolatin Connection as a Dance Company and Dance Academy in Porto, Portugal.
They are regular instructors and performers guests in Festivals and Events all over the world.
In 2010 they start a company together with João Paulo Duarte with the name DMAES, Espetáculos e Eventos. This company has 3 main areas, the Dance Studios, nowadays called ALC Dance Studios®, a social night club called Muxima Bar® and events organisation, with International events like Ta Fixe Kizomba Festival and DMAES Summer Bootcamp
After many requests in 2013 they organize the first KTT (Kizomba Teachers Training) level 1, where they share the ALC Kizomba teaching methodology. More than 500 students from all over the world attended this training in a live and online format. They also have available the levels 2, 3 and 4 of their methodology.
In Porto they manage their Dance Studios with more than 1000 students with lessons tio kids and adults. Around 150 different lessons a week with a team of more than 30 instructors, some trained by them others as freelancers.
2015 was the year that they created the project ALC HugDance, where they have nacional and international performance teams, with official trainers that learn Paula’s and Ricardo Choreographies and teach to their students, performing after in events.
In 2007 and 2008, they won the title of the best Portuguese teachers. In 2009, they won in the category of best Portuguese Show at the Top Dance Awards and were nominated for best choreographers at the I Portugal Dance Awards in the "world dances" category. They were also official judges of the international kizomba competition “Africadançar” and invited regularly to judge several dance competitions.
In 2017 during Berlin Salsa Congress were honoured with the Lifetime Salsa Award.
It’s is possible to learn with them in their school regular lessons and workshops in several countries, but also by their online lessons with the project ALC eLearn available at their webpage elearn.alcance.pt
Co-founder of the company and dance school ALC DANCE STUDIOS.
She started her career in fitness and salsa in 1989. She was national champion in aerobics, doubles, in 1992.
Teaching kizomba classes since 2001. Co-creator of a teaching methodology targeting international interest with teacher training courses since 2013 where more than 500 people from 5 continents were present. Currently, together with Ricardo Sousa, he runs 2 schools in the city of Porto with more than 1000 students (adults and children), a theme bar called Muxima bar, 2 international festivals (Ta Fixe Kizomba Festival and DMAES Summer Bootcamp) and travels the world for festivals as a teacher and dancer. Teaching ladies styling kizomba classes (Kizomba Flow in ALC methodology) since 2008 for the first time in the first edition of the Africadancar Festival. Nominated and awarded for various dance awards as teachers and dancers receiving a career award at the prestigious Berlin Salsa Congress festival.
- Started the study in African Dances in 1999
- Constant training with the best teachers from the most diverse dance disciplines, both nationally and internationally.
- Creation, together with Paula Loureiro, of the Afrolatin Connection School and Dance Company in September 2005
- Creation, together with Paula Loureiro, the thematic Bar and the Muxima Bar Show House in August 2006
- Currently managing partner of DMAES, Shows and Events, which houses the brands ALC Dance Studios®, Muxima Bar® as well as the organisation of several International Dance Festivals
- Creation, together with Paula Loureiro, of the ALC Dance Studios methodology for Latin and African Rhythms
- In 2013 the Kizomba Teachers Training Project started, where more than 500 people from all over the world invested in training for the study and use of this teaching method for Kizomba
- Best Portuguese Teachers in 2007 and 2008 and Best Portuguese Show in 2009 by TOP Dance Awards
- Nominated for best choreographers at the I Portugal Dance Awards in the World Dances category.
- Official jury of the Afrikaans Kizomba World Championship
- Lifetime Salsa Award in 2017 by Berlin Salsa Congress
- 2015 creation of the international choreographic project ALC HugDance, together with Paula Loureiro.
- Dancer and guest professor at international festivals on 5 continents.